Kindergarten Enrollment & Readiness
Do you know a child who will be five years old on or before August 31? Maybe it's your neighbor, family friend or even your own child. Spread the word... now is the time to register for kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year began on January 16.
How to Enroll
To register your child, please visit our school during regular school hours.
You can also use our online registration portal to enroll by creating an account using an email address or mobile phone number.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your address (rental agreement, purchase agreement, or utility bill)
- Your child’s immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B, and varicella (chickenpox)
- Two emergency contacts, including addresses and phone numbers
- Physician, dentist, and child care addresses and phone numbers
If your child has a life-threatening condition, including allergies, asthma, diabetes and seizure disorders, you will need to meet with the school nurse before the first day of school or any of the kindergarten readiness programs. The nurse will confirm all medications, medical supplies and healthcare provider orders are in place.
Kindergarten Readiness Programs
Highline offers unique programs for incoming kindergarten students to help them be “ready for kindergarten” in the fall. These programs include PreK Play & Learn, Kindergarten Jump Start and WaKIDS. The programs are free for registered kindergarten students. For more information, contact Elisa Turner at 206-631-3190.