Dear Parkside Families,
It is time to close out a historic school year! We have missed seeing Parkside students and families in person! I want to extend a special thank you to all our teachers, staff, and families who supported student learning at home these last few months. We pulled together, learned many new things, and finished the year strong! We could not have done it without you. We hope to know more in the coming weeks about how school will look when we return in the fall for a new school year, so watch the website and your email for the most updated information.
School Pick Up Day is Wednesday, June 17th
This is the day for students and families to pick up their belongings and information from your teacher, drop off borrowed school items, and say farewell to their teachers and school staff for the summer. This event will take place on Wednesday, June 17th, with a limited time for pick-ups on Thursday, June 18th. The drive thru pick up is scheduled by grade level for families, who must remain in their vehicles at all times. For those walking, we will have designated pick up area with social distancing in place. Staff will give a bag of items to each student and collect items being returned.
When to arrive:
We will be scheduling by grade level as shown in the chart. Teachers will be available to wave goodbye during their grade level assigned time, however, if you have more than one student at Parkside, you may choose to come to pick up all the bags at one time.
|Grade||Wednesday, June 17th|
|Kindergarten||9:00am - 10:00am|
|1st & IAC||10:00am- 11:00am|
|2nd & ILC||11:00am- 12:00pm|
|3rd||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
|4th||2:00pm - 3:00pm|
|5th||3:00pm - 4:00pm|
|ALL Grades||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Thursday, June 18th|
|ALL Grades||10:00am – 12:00pm|
What to bring:
- All school library books
- Musical instruments (including rentals from Ted Brown)
- If you are moving or leaving Parkside:
- School Chromebook and Power Cord
- Hot Spot Device
What to pick up:
- A bag for each child. This bag will contain personal items and other information for you or your student. Every student will have a bag. Thank you to Marlene’s Market & Deli for donating bags!
- If you ordered and paid for a yearbook, they will be in your bag. If you didn’t order but would like one, we will announce leftover copies for sale in September when we return to school.
Free Meals for Kids will continue over the summer.
- The week of June 15-19 meal sites (including Parkside) will only be open on Monday, June 15th. Youth will receive 5 days of meals on June 15th.
- Summer meal service will begin June 22nd. Meals will be offered only on Mondays and Thursdays (we currently serve Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). On Mondays youth will receive 3 days of meals, on Thursdays youth will receive 4 days of meals. For more information, please visit the website: https://www.highlineschools.org/coronavirus/coronavirus-news-updates/news/~board/district-news/post/new-meal-site-distribution-plan
School Supplies for 2020-21
We will be publishing a list of school supplies online, however, these lists will not be confirmed until after we hear more information on what school will look like, later in the summer. Please watch the website for updated information.
Teacher & Class Assignments
Class assignments will not be published until late August at our back to school event. Please watch the website and emails for the most updated information regarding all events.
If you have a kindergartner starting school in the fall, please register them online as soon as possible. https://www.highlineschools.org/departments/enrollment-transfers/student-enrollment We will need a copy of their birth certificate, current immunization records, and proof of address. Kindergarten Jumpstart is scheduled for August 17th - August 21st. All kindergartners are registered for Jumpstart when they enroll for the Fall 2020-21 school year. You will be contacted via email in mid-August, regarding all Kindergarten information. If you have additional questions about enrolling your child, please call the Highline Schools Family Center at 206-631-3003.
Stay safe and have a great summer!
Bobbi Giammona, Parkside Principal